All squares are full for the 2019 Festival. You are welcome to register and be placed on our waitlist. The Draw for a Cause chalk drawing is open to professional and amateur artists, individuals and teams. There are a limited number of squares, so please register so we can guarantee that you have a spot.
Fill out the Registration Form.
Big Picture will contact you via email.
Draw for a Cause Facts, Rules, and More
Big Picture Peoria Festival on October 1s is hosting Draw for a Cause, a chalk drawing competition. The competition will take place in Peoria’s Warehouse District. Cash prizes will be awarded with winners determined by public votes.
Date and Time
- Saturday, October 12, 2019
- Chalk drawing begins at 8 AM
- Drawings must be completed by 2:30 PM
- Public voting will take place from 1PM – 3PM.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the festival.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Registration will close once all squares have been reserved.
- Both individual artists and teams of artists are welcome.
- The public will vote for their favorite chalk drawings. Prizes will be awarded to the top three favorites according by public vote.
- $500 First Place
- $300 Second Place
- $200 Third Place
- Public voting will take place from 1PM – 3PM on the day of the festival.
- Prizes will be announced at the close of the festival.
- Peoria’s Warehouse District in the 1300 SW block of Adams
- Parking lot and sidewalk of CT Gabbert, a sponsor of Big Picture Peoria Festival. Lottery drawing will determine which artists are in the lot and which on the sidewalk.
- Artists will create their chalk artworks in parking lots in 6′ x 6′ spaces that will be marked prior to the start time.
- Artists can draw original works or reproductions of other works. If drawing a reproduction, the original source must be credited.
- Each artist/team will be provided with a 48-count box of Koss pastels. Artists may bring additional chalk if they desire, but it must be non-oil soft chalk.
- Art must be family-friendly and suitable for public viewing.
- Squares will be sponsored by local businesses and arts supporters. Sponsors’ names will be listed in the squares and must remain clearly visible and unobstructed.
- Big Picture Peoria retains the rights to photograph the completed art and use the drawings in promotional materials.
Want To Get Involved More?
Volunteer to help artists.
Volunteer to help with Big Picture.
Email us with questions or to join the team. (Also please make the email link active as well to firstname.lastname@example.org