You can sponsor a square starting at $100. Your donation adds your name to the chalk square and you will be included in all Big Picture marketing. Public facing branding will have your sponsorship posted alongside your square. The Big Picture team will sign up artists and teams of people to draw in the squares and on the day of the festival, the public will vote for their favorite drawings. Prizes will be awarded to artists for the top three choices. As a sponsor, you can sign up a team to draw in your square. Just let us know you want to do that. Sponsorship money will help fund arts education for kids in under-served areas. Big Picture members have successfully run art classes at Common Place and The Neighborhood House as well as a summer mural program and video class at Peoria Public Schools. You can help make the future brighter for kids in our community and get your name in front of festival goers by being a sponsor.
Draw for a Cause Facts, Rules, and More
Big Picture Arts Festival on October 12 is hosting Draw for a Cause, a chalk drawing competition. The competition will take place in Peoria’s Warehouse District. Cash prizes will be awarded with winners determined by public votes.
Date and Time
- Saturday, October 12, 2019
- Chalk drawing begins at 8 AM
- Drawings must be completed by 3:30 PM
- Public voting will take place from 1PM – 4PM
- Pre-registration is required.
- Registration will close once all squares have been reserved.
- Both individual artists and teams of artists are welcome.
- The public will vote for their favorite chalk drawings. Prizes will be awarded to the top three favorites.
- $500 First Place
- $300 Second Place
- $200 Third Place
- Public voting will take place from 1PM – 4PM on the day of the festival.
- Prizes will be announced at the close of the festival.
- Peoria’s Warehouse District in the 1300 SW block of Adams
- Parking lot of CT Gabbert and a city-owned lot at 1318 SW Adams
- Artists will create their chalk artworks in parking lots in 10′ x 10′ spaces that will be marked prior to the start time.
- Artists can draw original works or reproductions of other works. If drawing a reproduction, the original source must be credited.
- Each artist/team will be provided with a 48-count box of Koss pastels. Artists may bring additional chalk if they desire, but it must be non-oil soft chalk.
- Art must be family-friendly and suitable for public viewing.
- Squares will be sponsored by local businesses and arts supporters. Sponsors’ names will be listed in the squares and must remain clearly visible and unobstructed.
Want To Get Involved More?
Volunteer to help artists.
Volunteer to help with Big Picture.
Email us with questions or to join the team. (Also please make the email link active as well to firstname.lastname@example.org